Over the weekend I started implementing a new design.
It’s a work in progress, but I had to make it live, otherwise it’ll just sit on some testing domain and gather dust. It’s almost a year old as it is! At first I didn’t want to post about it as I didn’t want any emails, opinions or bug reports about it. However, being live, some people are starting to notice changes and commenting. The journal section is how I want it to be (try making the window smaller – thanks to Stuart Colville for his drop column idea), and the rest will follow soonish.
The biggest stumbling block for me is fonts. If you happen to have P22 Underground installed, then great, you’re seeing it how I’d like you to see it. If not, you may have Gill Sans (in which case you’re getting ugly bold headings, but Gill is the closest match to Johnston Underground) or Helvetica/Arial (which isn’t so bad). More on this later, but basically I didn’t feel like going the route of SIFR or dynamic image replacement – this felt like the best compromise.
Anyway, that’s all. Carry on!
- Posted: 26 Feb 2008
- Comment: via Twitter